Venue - University of Washington
The 3DV conference will be held on the University of Washington campus. The conference is now scheduled to run all day of June 29-30. The talks will take place in the Guggenheim hall and the poster+demo sessions will be held in the Paul G. Allen Center.
|Guggenheim Hall||Paul Allen Center|
The University of Washington is located in the University District neighborhood of Seattle. Here is a map of the neighborhood marking the conference venues (green) and suggested accommodation option (purple).
View 3DV 2013 in a larger map
Directions to the University District
- Take a cab from the airport.
- Public transportation: Take the Link Light Rail from the airport to reach Westlake Station in Seattle downtown and change to any of the buses numbered 71, 72, or 73 to reach the university district.
From Amtrak train station in Downtown
If you are coming via Amtrak train or Greyhound/Bolt buses, they will drop you at the King Street Station.
- Take a cab from outside the station.
- Public transportation: Walk to International District bus station and take the 72 or 73 bus to reach the University District.
If you are driving I-5 north or south, take exit #169 to reach the University District.
Seattle has really good public transportation service managed by King County Metro. There are frequent buses in the neighborhood throughout the day. You may find the following tools useful -
- Bing maps or Google Maps - Searching for public transit directions gives you the exact time info for different bus routes for your desired route.
- OneBusAway - A nice service by King County Metro (originally developed at UW!) that gives real-time bus arrival and departure times.
4507 Brooklyn Ave NE,
Seattle, WA 98105
We have blocked a set of rooms at Hotel Deca at a lower rate of $149 per night for 3DV attendees. The hotel is located in the University District adjacent to the University of Washington campus. The rate is valid for reservations made before June 4th, 2013. Be sure to mention the group name 3DV and arrival date to guarantee the room rate. If the hotel block has been used, then your hotel request will be held for about a day until the block is extended, if there is enough space remaining. We recommend you book with the hotel soon.
Reservations can be made by -
- Calling the hotel directly at +1-800-899-0251 between the hours of 8am–7pm Monday through Friday and 10am–4pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- Filling up the reservation form - [pdf] or [xls] - and faxing it to 1-206-545-2103, or emailing it to email@example.com.
The hotel has undergone recent renovation and has free wifi and parking for guests.
Note: We will hold a welcome reception for 3DV at the hotel on the evening before the conference (6/28).
UW Dormitory Lodging
These options are sold as a package for 3 overnights: June 28, 29, & 30, 2013:
- $182.40 per person for three nights (average of $60.80 / night), double occupancy (includes applicable tax)
- $284.40 per person for three nights (average of $94.80 / night), single occupancy (includes applicable tax)
These rates include 3 nights of lodging. There is no credit for shorter stays.
Also included is a nonrefundable Reservation Fee of $20.00 (plus applicable tax).
Early Arrivals/Late Departures can have additional nights added on to the package.
- $63.50 per person, per night, double occupancy
- $97.50 per person, per night, single occupancy
Early Arrivals and Late Departures will be accepted on a space-available basis for the nights of 6/27, 7/1 and 7/2.
The rates do not include meal service.
Deadline to confirm: Friday, June 7, 2013
If you are interested in this option, you may reserve here.